What is Shilajit ?
Shilajit is a blackish-brownish resin found in a variety of mountain ranges around the world, including the Himalayan, Tibetan, and Altai highlands.Shilajit is considered to emerge in part as a result of the decomposition of certain plants. It's high in minerals and contains an important chemical called fulvic acid.Shilajit is one of thousands of herb and mineral compositions (Rasaoushadhies) used in Ayurveda, an Indian medicinal method that dates back thousands of years. Shilajit has been used for centuries in traditional herbal medicine to treat anything from bone fractures to impotence.
What is Shilajit used for ?
• Shilajit contains the potent antioxidant fulvic acid, which decreases inflammation, slows the aging process, and stops or slows the growth of brain cell damage.
• Shilajit has significant levels of fulvic and humic acids, which work as antioxidants and anti-inflammatory chemicals in the body, reducing free radicals and reducing cellular damage, enhancing general cell health and performance, slowing the aging process, and increasing longevity.
• Shilajit has cardioprotective properties because it relieves palpitations and arrhythmias symptoms (abnormal heart rhythms). Shilajit lowers the risk of heart disease because of its antioxidant properties, which improve cell health, slow the aging process, and lower cholesterol which is the major reason of health hazard due to the lifestyle.
• Purified shilajit contains a lot of active ingredients that assist the body lose weight faster. Shilajit pills, when taken on a regular basis, help to satiate sudden hunger sensations and avoid overeating, making them an important part of any weight loss program. It also lowers LDL (low-density lipoproteins, or bad cholesterol) levels in the body and activates genes that help the body respond favorably to exercise, boosting metabolism and making it easier for the body to maintain a healthy weight.
• Shilajit has shown potential in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease, a kind of dementia that causes memory, cognitive, and behavior impairments.According to a 2012 study published in the International Journal of Alzheimer's Disease, the fulvic acid present in shilajit may help prevent the formation of tau, a type of protein that causes neurofibrillary tangles, which are twisted groupings of dead and dying brain cells.Tau is a protein that is thought to be a critical marker for Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.However, the authors of the study point out that additional research is needed to see if shilajit is beneficial as an Alzheimer's disease treatment.
• The benefits of this dietary supplement were studied in 35 infertile men in a 2010 study published in the journal Andrologia.
28 of the study participants showed substantial improvements in total sperm count, the amount of healthy sperm, and sperm motility, a measure of how well the sperm move, after consuming 100 mg of processed shilajit in tablet form each day for 30 days.
Types of Shilajit –
- Shilajit is classified by the type of mountainous rocks from which it emanates:
- Shilajit seeping from gold-bearing rocks (Charka Samhita Shilajit) has a Japa (i.e. Hibiscus flower) or reddish color, Madhura and Tikta Rasa, and Katu Vipaka.
- Silver-bearing rocks (Rajat Shilajit): Shilajit extracted from these rocks is whitish in color and has a Katu Rasa and Madhura Vipaka.
- Copper-containing rocks (Tamra Shilajit): The exudation from these rocks has a peacock-like look, i.e. a bluish-purple color, and demonstrates Tikta Rasa and Katu Vipaka.
- Iron-containing rocks (Lauha Shilajit): Considered to be the best variety, the exudation resembles Guggulu gum (i.e. Commiphora mukul) and depicts Tikta.
Shilajit’s Preparation –
- Using triphala decoction and cow's ghee, completely purify the shilajit.
- Amla should be washed, cleaned, and cut into little pieces.
- Place both components in direct sunshine until all moisture has evaporated.
- Put it in a grinder and grind it until it's powdered.
- Remove any lingering moisture particles by exposing it to the light once more.
- To remove contaminants and uneven particles, filter it carefully with sieve no. 100.
- To form circular vatis, roll the powder onto your palm or use a capsule chewing machine on a wide scale.
- To eliminate any moisture from the gutikas or Tablets, place them in an air dryer.
- For future usage, store it in sealed containers.
MealO TXT uses top quality shilajit extract manufactured under the name PrimaVie
The study's findings revealed that 8 weeks of PrimaVie® Shilajit supplementation at 500 mg promoted muscular strength retention following the fatiguing protocol and decreased baseline HYP in the upper 50th percentile group. These findings were particularly associated with the stronger subjects and those with the highest baseline HYP levels prior to supplementation. Thus, 8 weeks of PrimaVie® Shilajit supplementation at 500 mgd 1 resulted in positive muscle and connective tissue adaptations.
This resinous exudation from the Himalayas has been used as an ultimate therapy for a variety of health problems since ancient times, according to multiple ayurvedic scriptures. This amazing medical substance is categorised as an adaptogen, which means it helps to reduce stress and anxiety. It boosts libido, heals numerous infertility difficulties, and promotes reproductive health in both men and women because it is a powerful aphrodisiac. It also increases overall stamina and body immunity by improving heart function, controlling diabetes, assisting digestion, improving memory, treating inflammation, and improving overall stamina and body immunity.